Hello February! We can’t wait for it to warm up as we move into Spring!
We have lots of new suppliers, products and ranges for you to try, including Muffinz, at an introductory offer of £1.25 each and Brew Tea Co English Breakfast Tea at an introductory offer of £2.95 each.
Have you seen the changes in the cafe? We have updated the paint colours and there is a new seating bench in the family room! We are so pleased with all the positive feedback and over the next few weeks the final stages will be completed.
We have our Snowdrop Walk open again for the month of February, 10am-2pm daily. This gives a great opportunity to enjoy a walk through the peaceful walled garden and the woods. The walk is free to enjoy but if you wish to make a donation there is a collection tin and any money raised will go towards the upkeep of the woods. We advise suitable footwear as the path is uneven and there is a family of rabbits living in the woods who keep digging holes! Due to this, the walk is unsuitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
Our February Promotions:
- Sausage of the month 10% off – Caramelised Onion was 8.50/kg, now £7.65/kg.
- Cheese of the month 10% off – Five Counties was £1.20/100g, now £1.08/100g.
- Wine of the month 10% off – Santa Florentina Pinot Gris was £10.95, now £9.86.
- Big Fish Brand packets of fillets – 2 for £10
- Teoni’s Cookies – 20% off
- Image on Food Farm Animals – Usually £1.95 each now £1.50 each
- Cottage Delight – 2 jars for £4.50
- Flavours include:
- Caramelised Onion Chutney
- Orange Marmalade
- Sweet Apple Chutney
- Lemon Curd
- Farmhouse Pickle
- Strawberry Extra Jam
- Flavours include:
What’s happening at Uncle Henry’s this month?
Valentine’s Day will soon be here on Tuesday 14th February, and we are running a Valentines High Tea for Two to celebrate! It is available from Saturday 11th February – Sunday 19th February, a great opportunity to treat your loved one.
Smoked salmon and crème fraiche blini
Chicken and tarragon in an omelette pinwheel
Roasted Mediterranean vegetable, cream cheese and pesto sandwich
Uncle Henry’s home cured ham and tomato sandwich
Pipers wild thyme and rosemary crisps
Mini red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting
Passionfruit crème brulee
Mini meringue kisses with fresh raspberries and cream
Served with pink Prosecco and a choice of traditional tea or coffee
Pre-booking is required, please enquire at the cafe.
For gift inspiration, check out our Valentines Promotions:
- A bottle of Prosecco & Uncle Henry’s luxury chocolates - £25
- Uncle Henry’s luxury chocolates – 2 for £20
- Valentines Hampers – individually priced in store and can be made to order.
We also offer a variety of gift vouchers which make a thoughtful Valentines treat:
- High Tea for Two
- Celebration High Tea for Two
- Sunday Lunch
Our café themed evening this month is Curry Night! It will be on Friday 24th February and we have a fabulous menu that is available in the cafe and on the website here www.unclehenrys.co.uk/news-and-events/curry-night-1/
To book a table please contact the café on 01652 640308.
Pixie and the Dragon Children’s Cookery Workshops
Fun and interactive workshops that use lots of local, seasonal produce to create healthy family meals that everyone can enjoy!
- Thursday 16th February - Warming minestrone soup with crunchy filo parcels
- Friday 17th February - Thai noodle stir-fry with mini chicken satay kebabs
- Thursday 23rd February - Many vegetable shepherd's pie.
- Friday 24th February - Savoury stuffed pancakes
For more information or to book please contact:
Bethan Clayton, Lead Cookery Trainer
t. 01427 668 892
To keep up to date with all the events at Uncle Henry’s this year, check out our Event Dates for 2017 page.
We hope you have a lovely February, and hopefully see you at Uncle Henry’s soon!
Uncle Henry’s x