Hello July! Did you know that July is Ice Cream Month?
We have 14 different flavours of local Blyton ice cream in the farm shop which can be enjoyed as a single or twin cone or in a tub and you can drizzle as much sauce as you wish over the top!
Which is your favourite flavour?
- Ferro Roche
- Mint Choc Chip
- Caramel & Butterscotch
- Rum & Raisin
- Black Cherry & Amaretto
- Bakewell Tart
- Strawberries & Cream
- Cookies & Cream
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Eton Mess
- Vanilla Fudge
We also stock the large tubs in the freezer which are perfect to take home and enjoy.
As always, we start the month off with new promotions which are as follows:
- Sausage of the Month 10% off – Red Arrow sausage made with sun dried tomatoes, sweet chilli and garlic Was £8.50 per kg, Now £7.65 per kg
- Cheese of the Month 10% off – Strawberry & Champagne White Stilton, perfect for Wimbledon! Was £1.50 per 100g, Now £1.35 per 100g
- Wine of the Month 10% off – Corney & Barrow Belezos Rioja Crianza Was £13.50, Now £12.15
- RJ’s Licorice logs 40g – any 2 for £1.50
- Tracklements range of sauces, chutneys and relishes – 20% off
- Fentimans 750ml bottles – Mix and Match and 2 for £6.00
- Craft Beer Range – Mix and Match any 4 for £10
Maize Maze 2017
We have lots of new and exciting plans for this year’s maze which will be opening again this summer on Saturday 22nd July.
Entry is £3 per person including children and the Maze is open 10am-3pm everyday throughout the summer holidays.
Tickets must be purchased from the shop till prior to entering the Maze. Please note that dogs are not permitted in the Maze or the Walled Garden.
Further information can be found here http://www.unclehenrys.co.uk/news-and-events/maize-maze-2017/
Flower Arranging Course
We have a great opportunity to learn how to make a beautiful hand tied bouquet using British seasonal flowers on 26th July. The course is being run by artisan florist June Fray from Longfield Flowers and will run from 1:30pm to 3:30pm. The course costs £40.00 including tea and coffee, afternoon tea can be added as an optional extra to enjoy at 3:30pm at £12.50 per person. To book please ring us on 01652 640308.
Farmers Den Play Area
Did you know we have a FREE outdoor play area for children? Our Farmer’s Den features an 80m pedal tractor track, sandpit, tractor slide, climbing frame and a basket swing. Fully enclosed by fencing it is the perfect place for little explorers. Why not sit back and enjoy a Blyton ice cream from the farm shop?
Cafe Themed Evenings
Make sure to pop the dates in your dairy for our upcoming themed evenings. The menus will be available on our website and in store soon.
- Mediterranean Night – Friday 21st July. Be inspired by a taste of the continent The menu is available to view here
- Classic British Menu – Friday 18th August. This menu features a selection of our nation’s most treasured dishes
- Curry Night – Friday 29th September. Spice up your taste buds with our delicious homemade curries
Lindsey Lodge Open Garden – Sunday 6th August 11am-3pm
Our restored walled kitchen garden will be open to the public to help raise much needed funds for Lindsey Lodge Hospice as part of their Open Gardens 2017 programme. Face painting and Balloon Modelling activities will be available alongside a table top sale.
“We put patients at the heart of everything we do by providing first-class specialist care to those in North Lincolnshire with any progressive life-limiting illness. Set in idyllic grounds on the edge of Scunthorpe, our homely haven provides all-round care. We’re independent from the NHS and receive only 24% funding of £2.5 million running costs- the remainder must be raised by donations”
We will also be attending the Food and Drink Festival at the Baths Hall, Scunthorpe on Sunday 16th July so make sure to pop and say hello if you are attending.
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Love Uncle Henry’s x