Discover our magical Fairy Trail & Giant 5 acre Maize Maze at Uncle Henry’s!
Uncle Henry’s have partnered with Brilliant Trails and created a bespoke Fairy Trail to delight inquisitive minds and provide a sense of adventure.
Our Fairy Trail invites visitors to follow the visual clues through the woods using a booklet to complete a quest set by the Fairy Queen.
Are you up for the challenge?
Graham Ward, General manager said “We’re delighted to be welcoming families back to the farm for some active family fun. The new fairy trail is an absolutely magical adventure, just watch out for the mischievous trolls hiding in the woods!”
Uncle Henry's Maize Maze opens on Thursday 22nd July!
Behind the Garden Wall Tickets - Each ticket includes entry to the Maize Maze, Fairy Trail, Jumping pillows and Crazy Golf for a 3 hour timeslot.
- Priced at £8.95 per person
- £30.00 for a group ticket for four people
- under 2’s go free - a ticket is still required
To book please visit https://unclehenrys.digitickets.co.uk/tickets
How does the online ticket work?
- You will be emailed an order confirmation that will include your unique Booking Reference Number and a barcode. Present this ticket on arrival either printed out or on your smart phone, if this doesn’t work for you simply make a note of the Booking Reference Number.
Do we need to book in advance?
- Yes, booking in advance is required via our website, tickets for the Fairy Trail, Maize Maze can all be purchased online. There are allocated time slots with capacity restrictions in place, please make sure that you arrive 5 to 10 minutes before your timeslot to enable adequate social distancing.
- To book for the cafe please call 01652 640308
Where do we go on arrival?
- Please make sure you arrive promptly at the start of your time slot.
- As you have pre booked your tickets, please head straight to the entrance signposted as Behind The Garden Wall entrance which is situated to the right hand side of the main farm shop complex. Please be prompt to your designated time slot to help ensure a steady flow of customers.
- Look for the big sign which says “Behind The Garden Wall” (next to the red brick house). A member of our team will be there to greet you, check tickets and issue your Fairy Trail Booklet and Crazy Golf scorecards
How accessible is the Fairy Trail & Maize Maze
- The Fairy Trail leads through our walled garden woodland, across the edge of the fields and through Jubilee Woods with a narrow bridge crossing. This variety in uneven terrain means that the trail is not suitable for wheelchairs or prams.
- Prams can be left with our friendly team in the Walled Garden
- As the maze is in a field that is harvested and replanted each year, the pathways are soil and can be difficult to access with wheelchairs and pushchairs, especially if we had a bit of rain. Having said this, plenty of customers have successfully got around without a problem. The maze pathways do become smoother and more compact throughout the season. We do have a barn at the entrance of the maze where pushchairs can be left.
- The maze bridge is not accessible for pushchairs and wheelchairs but you do not need to go onto the bridge to complete the maze it is designed to get an overview of the maze.
- *Please note that the Maize Maze is only open from mid-July to the end of October
Do you allow Dogs?
- Unfortunately, not, dogs are not permitted in the Fairy Trail, Maize Maze, Walled Garden, Farmer’s Den play area, or the Farm Shop for hygiene reasons. Dogs are allowed on our farm trail if kept on a lead. You can also book into the dog zone in our café courtyard; subject to availability. These rules do not apply to guide dogs and service dogs.
- We also kindly ask that you do not leave dogs unattended in vehicles during warm weather.
Can children go around the Fairy Trail or Maize Maze on their own?
- No, children under the age of 16 must always be accompanied by an adult.
What do we need to wear?
It depends on the weather!
- The Fairy Trail, Maize Maze and Walled Garden are outdoor spaces with little shelter so be prepared for the weather. The Fairy Trail is across a variety of different terrains and some areas will be uneven underfoot especially across the field tracks.
- When it’s sunny don’t forget sun cream and a hat! When wet you’ll need waterproofs and suitable footwear. Even when it’s not raining if we’ve had a lot of rain recently the Maize Maze can be muddy, so bring suitable footwear. A change of shoes may be advisable when visiting the farm shop and cafe after the maze.
For any other queries please call 01652 640308